Friday, August 20, 2010

Recruitment

For those of you who have never been through a greek system, there is a thing called recruitment that is unlike anything else. Women coming to college that wish to be in a sorority are put in to groups and formally paraded to each house, while the women already in the houses do what they can to find the women they want. It has it's own charm about it I suppose. In a word, though, I simply find it fascinating. I went through the parading event last year and this year it was my turn to put on the heels and impress impress impress. It worked. We got 28 new beautiful young women in the house and I can not wait to get to know them all. Here's a little run down of recruitment.

Day one: Conversation Day




Day Two: Tour Day

Day Three: Philanthropy Day



Day Four: Preference Day



Day Five: Bid Day

As unsure as I was about this year, I am so excited for what it has in store. I love the positive vibe that seems to be all over the house. The new little one in the house have the potential to do great things. Now it's time for school, studying and a little bit of social. I figure this year it's all about balance. As for my last few days of summer, I'm going to sit right here by my fire escape, and enjoy the summer air and people watching while watching a little too much British tv and talking to my new roommates.


No comments:

Post a Comment